Thursday, April 28, 2011

#1 Balloon Wreath

BIRTHDAY PROJECT #1
Balloon Wreath
I originally found this idea Here but I have seen many versions of it around blog land, so here is my version. I apologize for no other how to pictures I am really bad at remembering to take them I get very engrossed in my projects.
Supplies:
wreath form (I used straw)
800 Water Balloons (1.00 for 100 pack dollar tree)
3 packs floral greening picks (600 about)
1 sheet tissue paper
matching scrapbook paper

Yes I used 800 balloons, You wouldn't need that many balloons but I wanted mine really full plus I used water balloons which are a lot smaller, I also added some ribbon in matching colors.
Start by taking a pick, stick the balloon in the middle and stick it into the wreath (about every other one, I used 2 different color balloons together in one pick to make it fuller.) Just do this OVER and OVER and OVER. I didn't cover all of the wreath.
I cut some tissue paper to cover the back side and just tucked it under the balloons using the picks along the inner and outer part of the circle where I stopped. (I wanted it to look a little nicer then just straw) I then cut out HAPPY BIRTHDAY with my cricut and glue/taped the letters on.



Check out the link parties I participate in HERE

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I can't believe you used 800 balloons! Now that is patience! :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!

    Would love for you to share at Calling All Crafters!
    http://allthingsfee.blogspot.com/2011/05/calling-all-crafters-5th-edition.html

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments, I love hearing from all of you!