Monday, January 17, 2011

Valentine Advent Calender


I found this idea HERE and thought it was sooo cute I had to recreate it. I did it a little different due to my non-existent sewing abilities and my supplies I had on hand but I still love how it turned out.
Materials:
Red, White and Pink felt
Scrap paper
Embellishments
glitter puff paint
Sewing Machine


1. I made 2 templates out of large poster board and traced them onto my felt (the larger scalloped edge one on red measured about 23in by 20in and the smaller one on white measured about 20in by 18in then cut them out.

2. Next I traced a stack of post-its on the pink felt to make my pockets (post-its were the prefect size)
3. I pinned and sewed the squares onto the white heart leaving the top of each pocket opened.
4. Once the pockets were all sewed on I then pinned the smaller white heart all the way around the edge on top of the red scalloped heart.
5. I then sewed all the way around the edge of the white heart.

6. I cut my numbers out of scrap paper with my cricut, added some rick rack to each pocket with glue, and added some stickers, buttons and puff glitter paint for some sparkle. TA DA!!! Love it.
Of course the best part about it add some goodies to the pockets.

Check out the link parties I participate in HERE

3 comments:

  1. So adorable! I love the ric rac! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Are the numbers just paper and not felt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the numbers are cut out of paper on my cricut.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments, I love hearing from all of you!