Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Valentine Topiary

This project ended up costing about $8.00, more then I had planned on spending but I really do like it and I'm going to reuse the pot for my Easter topiary I am going to make also. I did find everything I needed at the dollar store (except the dowel which I had on hand)  
Materials:
ceramic flower pot
colored filler for pot
dowel
about a 2in Styrofoam ball (I started with a larger one and it got way to big)
Styrofoam block
about 5 bushels of flowers
hot glue gun

1. Paint dowel and pot desired colors
2. Glue Styrofoam block in bottom of pot
3. Insert dowel into foam in pot and insert ball on top of dowel
4. Hot glue flowers around ball until full
5. Fill pot with filler

1 comment:

  1. this is super cute! I love the pot...very pretty! I would love for you to link up to my Sew Crafty Party & Giveaway!

    http://wildflowersandwhimsy.blogspot.com/2011/01/sew-crafty-saturday-adventure-date.html

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments, I love hearing from all of you!